Thursday, July 31, 2008

Wednesday July 30th

As you may read this, you may think that I'm a total dummy, that the answer was completely obvious and staring me in the face. Well I was a dummy and I couldn't see what was really going on around me.

This was yesterday, wednesday July 30 as I've already said. I woke up with an excruciating headache. I've been getting headaches all week. Three weeks ago I was having painful headaches too, but they weren't like the ones I was having this week. Wednesday morning I woke up with a huge headache and took Advil like any other person would do with a headache, and then I got ready for work. I usually check my email before I leave the house and as I was staring at the computer I started to feel nauseated. But I hadn't had anything to eat so I couldn't throw up anything. So I left for work.

I think I might have been at work for about an hour when I started to feel worse. I felt my throat tighten like I was going to vomit, but there wasn't anything to vomit. So I kept my head over my trash can at my cubicle and just sat there, hoping something would happen. I still tried to get some work done, but then I was having trouble viewing my function keys that I need to use when I'm in the system. I managed to get an email out to my interim boss, and told her that I was on the phone trying to make an appointment to see a doctor. By the time I had finished typing the email I had an appointment at 3 p.m.

So I told my teammate and buddy that I was leaving, that I wasn't feeling well and I c ould no longer see my computer screen completely. All I saw were cursors flashing. Then I went to the elevator to go down to the underground parking garage to get in my car and drive home. My eyes were still seeing flashing cursors but I thought I was fine and though i would be just fine once I got home. I backed out of my parking space just fine and was on my way. I made it out of the automatic gate and down the driveway and then onto Response Rd. by kaiser and was on my way. Then I felt a bump on the driver's side of my car like I ran into the median, but I wasn't sure so I pulled over and turned on my hazards. I couldn't open my drivers' side door so I had to crawl out the passenger side door. Then a construction worker guy came up to me in his orange vest and said I hit him and hit his bobcat. He said there was no damage but showed me the bobcat tire and the scuff marks against it. The tire was tall. I said I didn't see him there. (Turns I didn't) Then all of a sudden one of my directors was on the scene and I don't remember how he got there. I don't remember how all those events transpired that morning. Somehow he moved my car and told me to get into his truck and that we were going to go back to the office and he would get someone to drive me home. We got back to the office and another Manager, named Joe took me home. Scott, the director was asking me all kinds of questions, like about the surroundings, but then he asked me if i partied the night before and if I had any other substance. I don't think he believed me when I told him no.

Came home, finally threw up, crashed and went to sleep until 2 pm. My friend Clay came to get me and drove me to see the doctor. The doctor told me that I simply had a migraine and that they would never be this bad again, that the first one would be the worst. I've never had a migraine before, and I thought they just were bad headaches that sometime made people sick. I didn't know you might not be able to see properly on top of it. so I got a couple of shots in the bum and was sent on my way. Clay took me back to his house, where we waited for Josh and then the 3 of us went to go pick up the car that was left at Kaiser and then josh drove me and the car home and then I went back to sleep. I woke up at 9:30 pm, ate something and then went back to sleep and didn't wake until 6 am this morning.

So I am all better now, only a slight headache. I spent all afternoon/evening cleaning my carpets with a rented rug doctor because I couldn't stand how dirty they were anymore. I feel like I lost a bunch of time and now I feel wide awake. I went to the body shop earlier today. I got an estimate to repair the car $1200. I am not sure when I will get it fixed. I got the guy at the shop to use some took to bend the fender back so that I could open my car door so now I don't really care about getting it fixed right away. It's mostly minor damage. It just makes that sound that Scot and Jen's Corolla makes when you open the p/s door.

So I feel incredibly silly for having a headache and acting out of it like I was on drugs. I can only imagine the stories circling the department at work. I guess I will find out tomorrow...

So, sorry Susie and Jen, now I know what your migraines feel like...

3 comments:

DC Girl said...

Panic attacks for me, migraines for you. Poor thing!!! I'm glad you are better.

Susannah said...

Yikes, that sucks. I'm glad you're feeling better. Luckily I've only had a few that were that bad (although I always get the aura, sometimes to the point where I can't see anything).

jennifer newkirk said...

They aren't always that bad, but the doctor was wrong when he said you would never have one that bad again...