Saturday, July 12, 2008

Summer in the City


So after another long week at work, I couldn't wait for the weekend. I had dinner plans Friday evening with Josh. We went to Paesano's in Midtown. It was a much nicer evening to be outside. I think it was only around 85 degrees, with a nice breeze. Josh had Risotto and I had the simple D'Angelo pasta (olive oil, basil, tomatoes). Then I got to go see Hellboy 2 with Clay and Josh! Exciting I know, another comic book movie. I saw the first Hellboy movie, several years ago when I still lived in Bako (and then with comic book hero loving boys) and found it to be entertaining, so it was no big deal seeing the second film, which was also entertaining! Mostly it was just nice to get out of the house since I have been couped up for too long due to the heat and smoky skies. The pictures below didn't do the scene justice (agree with Rachel's comment) but since my viewfinder is broken on my camera, I have to steal photos from flickr.com. (Thank you)!

Keeping with Comic Book Hero movies though, I am looking forward to seeing The Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan is doing a fantastic job with these new Batman movies; and Christian Bale is very easy on the eyes.

Anyhow, not a whole lot going on this weekend, but I am loving the daily updates and photos from Iceland! Keep them coming!

2 comments:

DC Girl said...

I agree for Batman, I can't wait. I think Christian Bale is the best Batman. Nice talking to you today!

Anonymous said...

CARINA!!! Yay, it's fun reading YOU. I would blog if I had a life:) . . .:( ANYWAY . . . I can't wait to see you all in August! Woo-hoo!