Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Smoke on the Horizon

Today was probably the worst "smoky fire haze" day we have had in Sacramento since the fires started. It was thick, so thick that it even crept into our vents at work. I could smell it as I worked new claims at my cubicle. Some photos of the area:

Downtown/Midtown Sacramento


And I forgot to mention that our high temperature today was 108! The heat makes me want to stay indoors, but then I get cabin fever and become restless. I kept the cats inside until about 9 because I'm afraid they're getting dehydrated. Poor kitties, they love to play outside! I like to play outside too-and when I do, this is where I usually go: McKinley Park.

The Rose Garden:



Clunie Pool, where I swim.



Today though, I didn't go outside at all. Instead I went to see the "female" doctor, got a tetanus shot (first one since 1996) and tomorrow I will have blood drawn. Things are looking well though; I had a meeting with my boss this morning, and I did super well on my QA Audits for the first/second quarter. Around September folks should start to move within the company, and new positions/raises should be readily available!

5 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Yay for news and pictures from Carina! i am so glad not to be in the smoke...miss you, jen

RN said...

thats nothing carina, come down to bakes and youll see smoke on the horizon (actually the whole sky is smoke)

RN said...

no but really carina I feel your pain, 108 smoky and humid today, Glad to see you got a blog, I like commenting-- Ian

mom said...

Hey Carina great pictures. Welcome to the blog family. Muna

Susannah said...

Ick, I hate that slaw. It's gross and icky.