Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Working For A Living



These are the visions I have in my head every Monday through Friday:


Some things you should know about your Insurance Policy and the Rules of the Road:


1. I know that car in front of you "stopped suddenly" and you couldn't keep from hitting them; but please try-you're following too close.

2. I know you weren't at fault for the accident and "the other guy should have to pay" but this is why you have Insurance, it's not only for the times when you cause the accident.

3. Your deductible is a contractual agreement between you and your Insurance company; It cannot be waived because the accident wasn't your fault-read your policy!

4. When you tell me on the phone that you've never been in an accident and you've been driving for 40 years, make sure you're telling the truth because all it takes is a couple of keystrokes and I've got your claims history.

5. I know that some nasty guy "cut you off" on the freeway so you had to swerve to miss him, but in doing so, you struck the guard rail and the guy "got away," but you essentially caused the damage by swerving. You'll be found at-fault.



6. If you get in an accident with another party, get their contact information. That means phone number, Insurance info, and any other pertinent information.

7. Even though you had that green light and you made the left turn, doesn't mean that other guy was required to stop for you. Yield to oncoming traffic! I know his headlights were off, and he was a mile away, but keep your eyes open.

8. If a deer crosses your path of travel, hit the deer, don't swerve to miss it and strike a tree, if you do, it's not the deer's fault!

9. I know you don't have $1000 to pay your deductible, it's not my fault- next time choose a more reasonable amount to pay out of pocket.

10. And finally, there is no such thing as "full coverage." There is State required Liability coverage, and then there is better coverage, even better coverage, totally awesome coverage, and then some. Just because you have collision coverage, that does not mean you have rental coverage! You want Rental coverage, or Medical payments or uninsured motorists coverage-ask for them!

5 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Good info, well done. I know all that stuff from driving with you in the car...Muna enjoyed it, even made her laugh! No, not another week, home on Monday...

CarGate said...

While you were on the road with me? You mean because I'm such a wonderful driver right??? ;)

Susannah said...

Good to know!

Brown Eyed Girl said...

I'm not sure what it was .. I had been lifting heavy boxes to the car packing for my camping trip with my family.. Who knows, be the Dr. isn't worried and told me to go. So we will in the morning.. I need to be around family. Chris is gone and my b friend is also gone. :(

jennifer newkirk said...

Because when I drive with you in the car, you say things like, That would have totally been their fault...