Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Is it Lupus?

Of course it's not lupus but I was imagining all the crazy things that could be causing my onset of recent migraines. (2 in one week and none ever before). So I had my follow up Dr. Appt today with my primary care physician to go over the events that took place when I had the second migraine. He said he wasn't going to approve or authorize any future shots at an urgent care clinic since they gave me morphine for the pain. He gave me something thats of a milder nature,(Toradol) and that is ok. I don't really remember everything that happened sunday and surprisingly the effects of morphine stayed with me a couple of days. I don't know how, but I got a lot of work done on Tuesday and Wednesday and I don't remember where the time went. A couple of coworkers pointed out that I had a bruise on my forehead as well that I had never noticed. Maybe its from resting my head on the toilet while I was experiencing the huge bouts of nausea?

Anyway, perhaps in an effort to reassure me (though I'm not sure why-because I didn't ask) the doctor has ordered an MRI of my brain just to make sure: "It's not a tumor!" He said I should take some nausea pills in case I get claustrophobic in that tiny little space. I said that I would be fine. We just have to get the approval from Blue Cross/Blue Shield PPO before I can take the exam. I don't want to get stuck with another huge hospital bill like I did after the kidney stones. I won't even go into that because I will get stressed. By the way, how do you know if your body feels stressed? How does that cause headaches? It's not like I clench my fists and jaw or anything...

After feeling a little loopy for a couple days I decided to go for a swim after work. I got in the pool, forgot my goggles so I had to swim without them. Then my head started throbbing, but it didn't feel like a migraine and there wasn't any nausea so I kept swimming. Just like Dora would say....

Little things are going on this week, like I also got a call from the alterations lady who said there were black spots on my dress, and I was frustrated because I noticed that there wasn't anything wrong with the dress when I dropped it off! And she fitted me for the hem too, so how come she didn't notice it sooner? Anyway I went by there today and my dress wasn't there, apparently they took it upon themselves to get the dress dry cleaned, so hopefully all turns out well. I am maid of honor in a couple weeks! By the way, I am looking forward to seeing you all there. You know that the invite said the Newkirk Family, right? Lesley said that the only ones who RSVP'd were Scott and Jen.

Which reminds me...I've got to send out another evite....

2 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Actually I wasn't sure who was included in the invitation. So Abby, Susie and Matt, Ian and Rachel? Who is expected to come?

Glad you don't have Lupus. MRI is a good idea, though.

Dr. Jared Hanson ND, LAc said...

Have you ever considered acupuncture for your migraines? I have helped a lot of patients become migraine-free without the side effects of medication. You should look for a good acupuncturist in your area.

New York Acupuncturist