Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I will usually try to think of some silly lyrics or song title to name my posts cause I'm a nerd like that.

I don't know for sure that I have cancer. I don't know what my next step will be. I don't know that the tumor is even malignant. There have been hints, worst case scenarios, but mostly just uncertainty.

After I came out of surgery and was sent to recovery, a surgeon spoke to my dad and said these things:

"She has a long road ahead of her."

"It will have to be removed."

"She will need Chemo."


Now, no doctor nor the neurosurgeon assigned to my case has even said any of these things to me. I have only been told that it takes two weeks for the results of the biopsy to come back from pathology. By the time that my September 11 follow up appointment rolls around, it will have been 3 weeks and 3 days. I was told I couldn't drive for at least a week, but that's it. Tomorrow I am going to hunt down a doctor or nurse to get a release to go back to work. There is not a chance in hell that I am going to sit around the house and dwell on the situation. I'm going to jump right back to normal activities ASAP. I want to get back to work...

Alright enough of that--Lesley got married this weekend!! For those of us who know her well it's amazing to see her interested in someone at all. Many boys have tried, many have failed. She is going to enjoy a full week of honeymoon bliss with her man up in Tahoe/Truckee/Bridgeport just hiking and fishing. :) She told Jeremy that he could plan the honeymoon, but relaxing by the lake and soaking up the rays is Lesley's style anyhow.

Here's a picture from Lesley's wedding that I had to STEAL from Jennifer's page since she is taking her sweet time with emailing me those pictures...

More soon.

1 comment:

mom said...

Carina, you are constantly in my thoughts. I would say you have already gone some distance on the"long road". If at any time you need someone just to be there, I will come.
Love, Muna