Monday, August 18, 2008

Head Games

It's Monday August 18. I woke up at 6:00 am because I think I heard the person in the bed next to me. I'm still hooked up to an IV receiving fluids because I am unable to eat or drink.

But I am still not in the books (on the schedule) for a biopsy just yet. I have no idea when or if I will be going into surgery today. The lack of information and the snoring going on next to me is making me have a headache and go crazy. I had to leave my room and go sit down the hall in this waiting area where there are computers. The sun is rising at it looks beautiful.

But I'm thirsty.

I don't like the bathroom in my room so I get up and walk myself and my IV stand to the bathroom down the hall. Those ones are supposed to be cleaned regularly. I also do it just to get up and move. I've been walking around barefoot and the nurses tell me that's not ok! Who knows what's on these floors they say...

I say it's too hot to wear socks.

My dad got a hotel and a pizza last night. Judy brought me some cheerful flowers to brighten my room. Adam brought me some of my silly historical fiction books that I checked out from the library and my cell phone charger and thankfully, my laptop. I feel better having this stuff with me. It's hard not to lose your mind with anticipation, anxiety, and impatience while you're waiting to see if your head is going to be cut open and tested. I'm not worried about anything except missing Lesley's wedding. I want to wear that beautiful dress, celebrate with her and be there for every moment. I'm not worried about what this could be (yet) just worried that the doctor's are taking their sweet time before getting around to my case.

Seriously, how much does an overnight hospital stay cost? I've been here too long already.

Anyway, I appreciate all the calls, the visits, (Thank you Clay) and the conversation while I wait. Bear in mind though, I'm leaving this place if they don't bring me in today. I'm ready to get off the roller coaster!

4 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

You're doing so well with all the craziness...I'm so proud of you, and I won't blame you if you leave today because they haven't gotten around to you yet...

Katie Scott said...

Thanks for a new post. Let us know what time the biopsy is going to be so we can be praying....

mom said...

Hey Carina, I know everything is going to be fine.(and momsnobest)
Love, Muna

KJ and Moo said...

Hey, Carina! I was informed that you had your biopsy and currently recovering. Moo and I are praying for you. I'll be in touch with you soon. Rest up!

in Christ,

Kirk and Marianne