Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dazed and Confused

I've finally calmed down enough to write another blog.

After a week of headaches, last weekend I thought I should catch up on some rest. Impossible actually, you cant "catch up" on missed rest. What I should of said was that I tried to make the time to rest this weekend. I got a little..

I've been feeling a little out of sorts ever since I got back from Urgent Care after the second Migraine. I just assumed I was loopy from the morphine given to me.

Then this week was really hard as far as work is concerned. Monday-Thursday, gone in a flash. I will be at my desk working, I'll be in the office for an hour, and all of a sudden it's lunchtime and then I'm going home. This isn't a simple case of "Time flies when you're having fun." This is work, work is work. Sometimes its fun, mostly it's just work. That has probably been the most bizarre feeling I've felt since the recent migraine episodes. Have you ever felt like time has gotten away from you and you don't know where it went?

"Then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run..."

(Sorry, always time for a Floyd tangent)

I've been having a hard time concentrating on anything. Work, what I'm doing, what I'm thinking, even speaking has been a little challenging for me this week. I've been slurring over my words and that makes me frustrated. There's nothing more annoying than a person stumbling over their words while you're trying to listen to what they're saying. (BTW, I hate that they're/their/etc is improper grammar when used with "a person." Who really wants to say his or her all the time instead when you're just generally speakaing?)

I even got so flustered and embarrassed just trying to talk to my roommate the other day. I was so embarrassed I had to leave the house and go for a drive. Its an uncomfortable feeling, feeling like you don't know what's going on-hence being Dazed and Confused. I'm not on drugs, but apparently I have been acting like it, and sometimes it's kind of fun actually, feeling all loopy and giddy and shit. There are also other strange ideas circling my head but I can't disclose any of that here right now. :)

At any rate my MRI is scheduled for Thursday evening at 7:30 at the UC Davis Medical Center. I'm a little nervous about getting into that tiny little machine, but mostly I just want the Doctor or Neurologist or whomever to sit with me afterwards and show me the pictures of my brain. Seriously, that would be interesting to see! But, I experience more frequently the results in the mail 2 weeks later. My primary health care physician thinks the recent headaches are nothing, simply related to hormones and perhaps the birth control pills. I haven't taken any pills in a few weeks, but will pick up a new prescription tomorrow to start again.

Josh introduced me to Quickly, an Asian tea shop downtown. I really love these bubble milk tea (no tapioca) beverages. I tried a Jasmine milk tea as well recently, it was weird because it tasted like I was drinking flowers.

Oh I'm now listening to "Evil Urges" by My Morning Jacket. My iTunes is currently on shuffle mode. It's 94 degrees INSIDE my house tonight, so I am sitting inside with the door open and the lights off. I have some "evil urges" of my own now.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I actually know the guy who owns Quickly. He's a director at Channel 3. I have been told to check it out.

jennifer newkirk said...

Can we go there on our next visit? Have you gotten a new phone? Have fun with MRI tonight...

mom said...

Glad you are getting things checked out. Love, Muna