Saturday, January 24, 2009

Treatment is over-time for new things!

Hey guys! For those of you without facebook accounts, I promised I would put up some pics of my treatment. My last day of radiation was Friday Jan 23rd. I am on a break from chemo for 5 weeks! Score! When I do start chemo again, it will only be for monthly "pulses" (5 days of chemo per month).

For the most part, I had not problems during treatment. I didn't have headaches which was awesome because that meant I did not have to go back on the Decadron (steroids) which everyone knows I despise. Also, I never got sick, save for the one time (my first day of treatment) that I ate too much Thai food with Josh. I was able to work and go to treatment until January 5, when I went on short term disability to get through my last few weeks of treatment. The only thing to wear on me was getting up at 5, getting to work by 7, working until 3:30 and then going to the cancer center for treatment every week (m-f). I was usually exhausted by the weekend. I'm still a little bit of an old lady, going to bed before 9:30 PM. But as I've said before, I've been through worse things than Brain Cancer. I am hoping and praying that I will continue to respond well to treatment and live a long life.

Enjoying my private room on the 11th floor with a view of the SD valley:



Last day of radiation treatment pics. Now you can see the big machine, and get an idea of my daily routine. Only took about 10-25 minutes.



And here's my therapist Jesse getting things ready. Nice guy.



And a close up of the mask, the plastic mold of my face to keep me from moving while on the table.

3 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

Silence of the Lambs? Or Darth Vader?

Katie Scott said...

Yeah, that mask is a bit weird! Praise God that your treatment has gone so well!!!

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Glad to hear you get a break from treatment! So... going to bed before 9:30 makes you an old lady? Oh man... I'm OLD!