Monday, January 5, 2009

Thoughts Of A Sunburned Country

Ok everyone. So I've decided to THINK about it. I've decided not to be too scared to want to make any fun plans, and just go with it. These won't be pics you've never seen before, but they'll give you an idea of the places I want to go. And I want to go to each of them. Not just Sydney, but also Cairns, Ayers Rock (Uluru), Brisbane, Gold Coast, etc. Id have to take the train to some of these parts...but If I'm gonna go, I've got to do as much as I can. Now, the only thing I need is a friend to join me.

Some pics of Sydney Beaches



Some beaches have rock pools, carved from the rocks left at the beach.



Of course I want to see the desert



And the rainforest in Cairns



And of course the city of Sydney and all it has to offer



And yes, I've picked up Bill Bryson's In A Sunburned Country to read and get a little insight into the country I've loved from afar for so long.

2 comments:

RN said...

I have family there so it looks like I will have to go with you and hook up some free lodging. The last time I was there was when I was 16 and got sun burnt on Christmas day. I am totally due to go back.

jennifer newkirk said...

Have you rented "Picnic at Hanging Rock" yet?