Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Treatment update and Christmas tree!

Over thanksgiving Rachel kindly pointed out that I don't update my blog very much. She's right. I'm going to be more on top of things from now on...

I started my Radiation and Chemotherapy treatments on December 1st. It was a long day. I went to work and also started my training on our new systems software. But there were problems with my pharmacy and insurance and Dr's office with regard to having the prescriptions filled and approved on time. I almost missed my Radiation treatment because it looked like I wasn't going to get my medication in time. I was late to Radiation, but the staff were friendly and honestly the treatment is painless. My MRI's were far more uncomfortable and annoying.

I had plans to have dinner with Josh that night and I had a craving for Thai so we went to Thai Basil. Now I read all the instructions on my medication before taking the pills, but I overlooked the part about how I should only have 5 small meals a day. I ate way too much Thai food and ended up waking up at 3am this morning to be sick. so, I have to be more careful and follow instructions completely, but I believe I will do fine on this treatment.

I got a small tree for our house because I love the smell of a fresh tree, but it was much harder for me to decorate a noble fir than I had expected. Growing up we always had the Douglas fir, but I think I still did a pretty good job.



I also stopped by late this afternoon at the Children's Home and saw some of my old friends and coworkers. It was a nice visit. I really miss them and some of the work that I did while I was a part of the team.

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Your tree is so cute! Do your cats bother it? I hope you feel well with treatment.

Brown Eyed Girl said...

Glad the treatments aren't sooo bad.. Like the tree.. We will also going small this year due to a crazy destructive 2 year old.. If we have one at all. Thanks for updating. Lacey :)

RN said...

Yeah you blogged. Thank you, it is nice to know how you are doing and that you got a tree before us and that radiation started and is painless.... I like how you blog cause it is like talking to you. A mini tree, radiation, medication, and work all with the same tone and attitude. You are awesome.

Amy, Steve, Molly, Paige and Garrett said...

Loving the tree! I love noble firs... but we have to do the "fake tree" thing because Steve is allergic to anything living. Praying your treatment goes well!
Amy