Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I need a new digital camera

So, time for something new?

Treatments are to start soon. Probably in a couple of weeks unless I can squeeze in some second opinions before I begin. I had an appointment yesterday with radiation oncology to simulate the treatment that will be given to me. They took another CT scan and made a mold of my face and neck out of this plastic thing. It's basically going to be like a cover/shield when I get into the machine. It keeps me still.

I'm pretty excited about a trip that I was invited to. Disneyland! Can you believe that I haven't been since 97 Grad Nite? I'm going with a couple ladies from work and it's going to be pretty awesome. Maybe I'll catch a photo with Eeyore? ;)

Lesley is coming out to visit me again later this month. She'll be here on the 25th.

Other than that, things are pretty much as they were before. Things are getting back to normal at work, and I still don't have any headaches.

10 comments:

jennifer newkirk said...

You have a birthday coming up soon...

RN said...

hey carina, a friend at work told me about this brand new laser machine that can operate on inoperable tumors and one of the only ones in the country is in Bakersfield, might be worth looking into, or maybe ask your oncologist about it--- Ian

RN said...

it could be a misunderstood rumor though, you definitely know more than him or I do on this subject

Stephanie said...

Have a great time at Disneyland. I love that place!

Kate said...

i'm glad you came to LG carina! i don't know about this disneyland business though... it's so happy, you know that freaks me out a bit ;-) i hope you're having a good time though.

Kristen Ewers said...

Hey. I was hoping I'd see you Sunday. We need to set a date to spend some quality time together very soon!!! I'm so excited Leslie is coming to spend time with you, what a friend! And Disneyland sounds like so much fun. Will you take a photo of you with the Princesses for Shae? She would be soooo excited! You would definately be her favorite! Just wanted to let you know we love you, and think about you all the time!
In my prayers as you make hard choices...
Kristen

Peter Scott said...

Glad to hear your not having any headaches and your going to Disneyland. I haven't been since 93.

I'm glad you made it to group this Thursday even though you wren't feeling good. I was glad to see you.

I hope to see you this week. Let me know what I can do for you.

Praying for you,

Jen Scott

Susannah said...

Good luck on your surgery!!! I'll be praying for you!

Jubilee on Earth said...

Hi, there! Remember me? Your oldest cousin here in MI?

Marianne gave us your blog link. I just wanted you to know that everyone is always asking about you and hoping that we'll hear good news. We heard that there will now be an operation -- is that true? Keep us posted if you can (or we'll find out from the grapevine). And as always, you are in our prayers.

Love, Mirvat

Jovie said...

Carina!!! I totally forgot about the book I wanted to send you. I will send it soon.

Disneyland! Yay! My younger sister won a free annual pass for me so I can go whenever I want to (well... certain days until I upgrade the pass). The last time I went was for Jason's birthday. We went the following Saturday. My goal was to take a picture with all the Disney characters but I was only able to take a picture with Jasmine, Aladdin, and Goofy. The pic with Goofy was the best.

Oh, I know you'll have such a great time. You may want to bring extra comfortable shoes or maybe a second pair of shoes.

I hope to see you again. I'm praying for you!

Jovie