Sunday, July 11, 2010

Where to go from here?

My Mac Speech microphone isn't working anymore. It is under warranty so I will eventually get it fixed. For now, I am back to typing with one hand and dictating my blogs to Ms. L.

I recently went to the doctor to have an MRI done and the tumor is growing, although I am not sure how fast. It is the same kind of tumor as before. It is the reason for the numbness on my right side and the only reason for the weakness on my left side. The doctor said that if he were going to have prescribed Avastin to me, it would have been now. He recommended more chemo, one I have not tried before called CBNU. No word yet on how long I will be on drugs. I go back to the doctor on July 23, so we'll see what happens.

I am still having bad headaches, and I recently had a major toothache and ended up having a tooth removed (for those in the know, they removed the #18 tooth on the bottom lower left).

I am still looking for a new apartment and would like one with a shower that has easy access (one I can just walk into and that doesn't have a tub I need to step over). Things in my life are still pretty sad and hopeless, and I just don't know where to go from here.

On a happier note, I went to a bbq today, and Jason definitely knows how to make some good meat!

3 comments:

Orange said...

I like your new blog design! Love you! i think that it is time for a visit.

mom said...

Carina Dear, I am really sorry you have so much more to go through. I guess God picked a strong person for this road. scream and yell and cry and then get back to the fight. Avastin should be given another chance.
Love, You
Muna

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you lovely! from here in Australia x